cinnamon spice

a little of this, a little of that, variety is the spice of this blog........

December 04, 2006

Not Lost

I really need to figure out how to use blogger better. I have all these thoughts and ideas and pictures, but no clue how to make it all work. It looks like Greek to me.......Does that mean I am getting old? Anybody know of a workshop or class to learn how to use all this stuff?

So my blogging self disappeared for a while. I am still working on figuring out what I want my blogging voice to be? Do I want it to be a Mom Blog or a Family Blog? Do I want it to be about thoughts and feelings, or do I want it to be just about me? I am I blogging for myself or for an audience? I will continue to explore and figure this all out.

Well, I turn forty in 23 days and I am not freaked one bit. I am totally boring, as I have no "wants" or "wishes" for my fortieth year. Well that is not true, I have wishes and wants, just not things the hubby or boys can purchase or provide me to celebrate the big day. I want to go to Australia and attend the annual tai chi workshop in January. I wish to start the 40's with a body and soul make-over and the will power to eat less and exercise more. Not exactly things you can wrap up in a bow. So the pressure is on now to come up with things that can be given or things to do on my birthday. Just what I wanted, more pressure to think of ideas.

3 Comments:

  • At 12/04/2006 12:35:00 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    It helps to figure out your niche, as you can focus your thoughts and writings on one thing. My blog may not be the most focused thing in the world, but I have narrowed it down to "kids and family" and how those are related to homeschooling, traveling in Idaho, and being a dad.

    Before I turned 40 I said that the one thing I wanted to do was to leave Boise, where we'd been for 13 years. We managed to pull it off just before my 39th birthday, so I was very happy. 13 years in Boise was about a dozen years too many!

    A big trip would've been nice, but I'll save my Dream Trip To England for my 50th.

     
  • At 12/11/2006 12:26:00 AM, Blogger Hann said…

    Incase I forget, Happy Early Birthday wishes! I agree with you I still don't think I have a proper theme, I blog about my kids and family but also put in what I hear or read that's interesting to me or just want to share of find out what others have to say about it. I started my blog about us so that my family overseas can get updated but they have never visited since so now I am not bothered because of the big blog family I've gained as well.

    Do what ever your heart pleases, we like to read it all any way.
    And...if that Tai chi is in Perth you'd better come over for a cuppa tea!!

     
  • At 12/17/2006 06:15:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. Mac said…

    I hopped on over from "A Family Runs Through It" (Phil's) ... I have three blogs: Whatever Happened To ... just a mix of current and past reminiscences; This New House ... all about building our new home; and Cooking Previews ... tried and true recipies that you can check out. I like the title of your blog :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home