cinnamon spice

a little of this, a little of that, variety is the spice of this blog........

November 04, 2006

The President called today

The President of the United States called today. Yep, you read right. 9 AM this morning, while we were having breakfast, the President called. He said the Democrats were ruining our country and that I MUST vote republican in the Election on Tuesday. And then I hung up on him.

Ok, I hung up on his recorded message. The kids looked at each other and started laughing at the ridiculousness of the political recorded phone message. They can't believe that anyone thinks that a recorded phone message from anyone, let alone the President of the United States, would have an effect on how I choose to vote.

I am SO sick of the phone calls asking for my vote, or prompting me to feel one way or another about a canidate. My mailbox has been filled the past week with postcards of all sizes (which are getting bigger in size the closer we get to Election Day, like size matters) pleaing for my vote. I am SO tired of all the political commercials that fill the TV programs. I wish I could say that I won't vote for anyone who loads up my answering machine with their candidates message. But if I said that, I wouldn't be voting at all.

We have stopped picking up the phone at this point and just let the answering machine get it. This evening, we are placing bets on whether the next call will be republican, Democrat, Independent or a prop. message. I can't imagine what this will be like in a Presidential Election year. We may choose to disconnect our home phone next fall to avoid that avalanche of calls.

I can't wait for Election Day to be over.

3 Comments:

  • At 11/04/2006 09:30:00 PM, Blogger Hannelie said…

    I am laughing my head off, I can't believe they do that. So far I haven't heard about this in Oz, but you know now what will happen here with our next election ... recorded messages.

     
  • At 11/05/2006 08:09:00 PM, Blogger Mommy Dearest said…

    Marilyn Howard called me during dessert tonight. I'm with you. I'm just letting the answering machine pick up until Wednesday.

     
  • At 11/06/2006 02:35:00 PM, Blogger anne said…

    I get so fed up with unwanted phonecalls from people trying to sell me stuff that I have a new strategy, I tell them that my husband is unemployed (he isn't)they can't put the phone down fast enough. Don't think that would help your situation though as come election time the politicians don't care about your colour, creed or employment status , as long as you vote then afterwards they instantly forget you ever existed.
    Phonecalls from presidents -now that's something else!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home