cinnamon spice

a little of this, a little of that, variety is the spice of this blog........

October 06, 2006

Warning, do not let me operate machinery

I am having a bad day, and it’s only 10:20 AM.

I woke up with a head cold/congestion, no big deal, I can live with a froggy throat and runny nose.

I decided to do some kitchen cleaning. I was cleaning out the microwave, when younger son broke the towel drawer. I stopped cleaning and tried to fix it, but I am going to need help to do that. I stood back up and smacked the side of my nose into the corner of the open microwave door. So now I am in pain and I feel stupid. I can’t believe in the space of a week I have hit my head/face into objects that I should have known were there and avoided them.

I can’t stop the tears. I am not in THAT much pain, I think I just feel so uncoordinated and stupid.

I am having a bad day, and it’s only 10:30 AM.

3 Comments:

  • At 10/06/2006 05:46:00 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    Ouch, I hope the rest of your day went better!

    I've grown to despise my kitchen cabinet doors because they always seem to be open just when I'm rising back up from emptying the dishwasher or reaching into a low drawer, and then I get smack in the head by the corner of the door. I'm very suspicious of them now.

     
  • At 10/13/2006 05:37:00 PM, Blogger kate said…

    it reminds me of that song... I had a bad day:

    Where is the moment when you need it most
    You kick up the leaves and the magic is lost
    Tell me your blue skies faded to grey
    Tell me your passion's gone away
    And I don't need no carryin' on

    Your standing in line just to hit a new low
    Your faking a smile with the coffee to go
    Tell me your life's been way off line
    You're falling to pieces every time
    And I don't need no carryin' on

    Cause you had a bad day, you're taking one down
    You sing a sad song just to turn it around
    You say you don't know, you tell me don't lie
    You work on a smile and you go for a ride
    You had a bad day, the camera don't lie
    You're coming back down and you really don't mind
    You had a bad day... you had a bad day

    hope it got lots better! sometimes ya just gotta run with it!

     
  • At 10/18/2006 07:43:00 PM, Blogger Mommy Dearest said…

    I can't tell you how many times my husband has come home to find me sitting in the middle of the floor crying. Not because I'm hurt that bad, like you said. But because I am so dang clumsy. I am a clutz and always have been. I have fallen down stairs several times. I run into walls and shut my fingers in the doors. I am constantly conking my head. It's frustrating. And I feel bad that both of the Urchins have inherited my lack of coordination. And my singing voice. But that's another story.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home