cinnamon spice

a little of this, a little of that, variety is the spice of this blog........

October 10, 2006

Morning,

Wow, a morning post from me, this is got to be first, in my short life as a blogger. Today is the perfect fall day, weather wise. Cool (ok really cold) morning, making way for some warmer temps with partly cloudy skies. My maple tree is catching up with my quaking aspen, making for a dramatic red/yellow canopy out back. Fall has always been my favorite time of year. As a child I remember having to write a descriptive story about a perfect day and mine was about walking home from school in the fall. There are so many colors and so many smells and sounds. It is a treat for the senses.

Ok, confession time. I am working on not being a procrastinator. Yes, busy stay at home mom, volunteering at school, teaching tai chi at night, soccer volunteer/activist (yes my own term) has a slight case of procrastination. I hate having things hanging over me to do, but sometimes my internal fears keep me from just getting it over with. Most of these things have to do with phone calls. I admit, as outgoing and "suzy sunshine" as I am in person, I loathe calling people on the phone. I have no idea why. I fear that phone. Sometimes, I bounce right through them, other times I fret and worry and what are people going to think. That is probably the reason I like email so much. It takes the place of those dreaded calls to get or pass on information.

So today I made one of those dreaded phone calls, one that has been hanging over me for days. And guess what? Nothing bad happened. It was fine. With that encouragement, I am off to make some more calls.

2 Comments:

  • At 10/10/2006 01:53:00 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    I am working on not being a procrastinator.

    Ah, I've been working on this issue too. For about the last 22 years!! :)

    I'm with you on phone vs. email. Over the years I've grown to rely upon emails. With email, I can think things through, make my thoughts clear, not stumble or stutter over my words. Now I just hate getting on the phone because I know I'm going to sound like a doofus. My sister left me a voice mail on my birthday this year... She said: "Just wanted to say Happy Birthday. Would love to talk with you, so call me back. But since you probably won't I guess I can't."

    I sent her an email back.

     
  • At 10/14/2006 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Hannelie said…

    Yip, count me in. I find it easier to write. i've missed a few of your post but I'm catching up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home