cinnamon spice

a little of this, a little of that, variety is the spice of this blog........

October 19, 2006

I don't get it moments

Ok, I admit it......I am naive. There are times when things seem so complicated and I just think things are so simple. I call these "I don't get it" moments. For example since I was a teen, I have always wondered what would happen if we were to solve international conflicts (wars) with a game of chess instead of killing and fighting. (Yes, I am a pacifist too.) It's an "I don't get moment". I don't get why we have war. I don't get why we don't pay our teachers more to educate our children. I don't get why we can't use the wealth of our nation to cure illness and starvation in our country and the world. I don't get why we continue as a world to destroy our natural resources and burn up our environment.

So with all the ick with Congressman Foley, and parts the media trying to divert our attention elsewhere, I don't get what difference it makes if Foley was abused in the past. He abused is position and did things illegal, period. Gee if I stole a gallon of milk from the store, would I get out of trouble if I told them I was traumatized at a dairy as a child? I just am feeling really mad about this whole thing. He did a bad thing, he should be punished, end of story.

I just don't get it..........................................

2 Comments:

  • At 10/20/2006 05:17:00 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    I don't get why we don't take the billions and billions of dollars spent in Iraq and give it the states so they can fix all the dangerous roads in this country. If you want to save lives, fix the roads!

     
  • At 10/28/2006 07:14:00 PM, Blogger Hannelie said…

    I agree, I don't get it either.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home