cinnamon spice

a little of this, a little of that, variety is the spice of this blog........

September 11, 2006

Silence

I wrote my 9/11 post early this morning. The day was still fresh and the boys were just waking. As the day went on and the more the impact of 9/11 was talked about, I realized some things that I remember from 5 years ago.

One thing was the silence in the skies the days following the attack. We don't live by a big airport, but we do live in the flight path of our local airport. The days the followed 9/11 seemed so quiet to me. And it took me a while to realize that I had become accustomed to the sound of small private planes flying by. I missed that sound.

I remember not wanting my oldest to head back to first grade. I remember thinking how I wanted to grab all my family who lived so near a target city, and bring them all up here with us. I remember my dreams prior to the attack. For several months that summer of 2001, I had recurring dreams of planes crashing and fire. Vivid, clear dreams. Somehow, I wonder if my psyche was preparing me for the scene we would all witness.

I am glad we reflect on how we changed, what we learned about who we are and what became important to us, on this day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home