cinnamon spice

a little of this, a little of that, variety is the spice of this blog........

September 07, 2006

shopping dismay

I am in shock. I even watched it occur. Yesterday while shopping at Wally World, the unthinkable happened. I bought Pop Tarts! It was one of those out of body experiences. I saw from a distance, my hand reach out to the shelf and grab not one, but two of those square boxes of delight. I am not eve sure why I did it. Normally, healthy snacks are the order of the day at our house. Yes, we do have granola bars and rubbery fruit snacks. The occasionally sweet-roll (butterhorns please) have darkened our morning table. But POP TARTS?! The worst part is, the kids like them. The boxes are nearing empty, after a sampling parade of these treats of sugar indulgence by each family member. There was a time, when hubby and I were young, that Pop Tarts were a staple to buy. A time when the waist line didn't exploded from just looking at processed sugar goodness. But that time is gone. I hope the boys understand that this was a one time slip off the healthy wagon. But I have a feeling I have just turned them into Pop Tart junkies.................................

4 Comments:

  • At 9/07/2006 09:59:00 AM, Blogger Phil said…

    Ohhhhh... Pop Tarts... We used to buy those too, back in our 20's when we could eat anything. I just can't have them in the house anymore, as they go in one night (and thst's just me eating them). I hate those late night snack cravings, because I never feel like munching on an apple or carrots... It must be something processed and non-nutritious! So, better to not have that stuff in the house at all. :(

     
  • At 9/08/2006 10:55:00 PM, Blogger Katrina said…

    Mmm...pop tarts. Strawberry with frosting, hot out of the toaster (nearing nuclear in the center), completely impossible to resist.

    I have to keep my eyes averted and concentrate on the cereal when I walk down that aisle at the store.

    Maybe someone will come out with a low carb version of the pop tart. But then, what would be left?

     
  • At 9/09/2006 02:18:00 AM, Blogger Hannelie said…

    I have no idea what a pop tart is, but it sure sounds good and naughty to have.
    I had a cream puff yesterday, my daughter bought me one, yuuumyyyyy!!

    hey, I tagged you, see my blog for details.

     
  • At 9/10/2006 08:29:00 AM, Blogger Mommy Dearest said…

    I haven't compared the boxes side by side, but I'd say that Pop Tarts, especially the unfrosted variety sans sprinkles, probably aren't any less healthy than Trix or Cocoa Puffs or probably even hot Eggo waffles dipped in syrup.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home