cinnamon spice

a little of this, a little of that, variety is the spice of this blog........

August 09, 2006

It's heating up....

No, not the temperature outside, my temperature. No, not running a fever either. Just feel very warm and hot on the inside, almost like someone turned up the internal furnace on me. No extra perspiration either. I don't look red, I just feel warm. A tiny internal voice is whispering to me that it might be a hot flash. But how can that be, I am not yet 40 (ok, so I turn 40 in December, geesh), my mother was in her 50's when she experienced hot flashes. I tell the boys that if I were a fantasy cartoon, I would be shooting fire out of my hands and feet right now. I would be pretty powerful character. Of course, I look it up on the internet, and see that yes, I do have some of the same things going on with my body that it typical for early mene.....mene......oh gosh, I just can't say it. Well you know, the BIG M. There is so much information out there, and so many different opinions on what is best for the body during this "transistion". Take hormones, don't take hormones, take these hormones, don't take those hormones, take them together hormones, risk uterine cancer, risk, breast cancer, risk osteoporosis, risk going insane from all the conflicting information........... Naturally, I want to go holistic. I see how much tai chi benefits my students, I want to see what can be done for me. Since reiki deals with the body's energy, I wonder if I could get my energy adjusted to a lower temp.....

it is getting hot in here.......

5 Comments:

  • At 8/09/2006 08:24:00 PM, Blogger Hannelie said…

    LOL, now I'm scared. That must be the weirdest feeling.
    I am considering a different contraception and it's as you said, the internet is too powerfull, do's and dont's, my head is spinning.
    Good luck with it, let us know how it works out.

     
  • At 8/09/2006 09:29:00 PM, Blogger Christine said…

    Hannelie, it is a weird feeling. I really keep on expecting to see fire flying from my hands.

     
  • At 8/10/2006 03:00:00 AM, Blogger Hannelie said…

    LOL! outch!

     
  • At 8/10/2006 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Phil said…

    A friend of ours experienced early menopause at the age of 35, just like her mother.

    Nine months later, she had a new baby daughter. Oops!

     
  • At 8/11/2006 09:34:00 AM, Blogger Christine said…

    ha,ha, funny scare Phil. If that happens here, our friendly family physican who performed the big V on hubby has some explaining to do.......

     

Post a Comment

<< Home